part of my studio, Eindhoven the Netherlands -2016
view from my studio, 2016
- NOTE: I take pictures since the Academy for Fine Art 1986 but only started to show these in 2015 which resulted in several exhibitions
- if you’re interested in buying a picture, please contact. There’s also a possibility to do your payment monthly.
- NOTE: There’s only one edition of every picture
- NOTE: You can scroll this page to see more information, also about Installations and films
New, small book, Filia, Biënnale Oosterhout 2017 – published first edition 100x
premiere new film ‘When the lightcity is dark’ at the van Abbe Museum Eindhoven 2017
Installation -Filia- at International BIENNALE OOSTERHOUT 2017
International BIENNALE OOSTERHOUT 2017 – work / meet & greet
2016 installation KLANKEN VAN EEN OUDE PIANO at Hilvaria Studio’s
- 01 – 2018 the writing of the new book ‘ Rainangels ‘ is in progress. It’s a following up of the first book ‘ Filia ‘.
- 01 -2018 the new art book by artist Hans Klein Hofmeijer, with Photography by dré didderiëns, will be launched at the Pont Museum Tilburg at 8 April 2018.
- 01 – 2018 preparing a one days exhibition at United C / Man in de Maan, about Filia, the book, the Installation, more later.
- 01 – 2018 Photo’s at Metzemaekers Kunstmakelaardij.
- 01 – 2018 screening film ‘when the lightcity gets dark’ at Willem Twee kunstruimte s’ Hertogenbosch, Filmhappen.
- 01 – 2018 screening film ‘when the lightcity gets dark’ at Natlab Eindhoven, Architect-group
- 11 – 2017 – screening film ‘when te light city gets dark’ at GLOW Eindhoven
- 10 – 2017 – screening film ‘when te light city gets dark’ at DDW Eindhoven, Stadskantoor – every day.
- 06 – 2017 – screening film ‘when the lightcity gets dark’ at Natlab Eindhoven 31-09-2017 check the site at Natlab
- 04 – 2017 – during the exhibition ‘de stijl’ at Weverij de Ploeg in Bergeijk, there’s a viewing of of my earlier documentary-films, In de schaduw van de Haan (short version), together with art of Toon Slegers.
- 04 – 2017 – In sept/oct there’s the Biennale in Oosterhout. I’m one of the 22 artist to exhibit with a new artwork.
- 02 – 2017 – my new short art-film ‘when the lichtcity gets dark’ will be in premiere at the van Abbe Museum during the project ‘van wie is de straat ‘ 2017.
- 02 – 2017 – I ‘ll get an hour Skype/interview with all the students of the film-school in New York.
- 01 – 2017 – I’ve been ask to cooperate as an author- photographer for the new art book of Hans Klein Hofmeijer, this year.
- 01 – 2017 – my experimental film ‘and all days ‘ is selected for the docfeed film festival and will be screened at 18 febr 2017 14.00 hours, see for more info DOCFEED 2017.
- 11 – 2016 – after a long time of selecting photo’s of many series, I show some of them at this site, look at projects / series, each picture belongs to one serie and there’s more to come.
- 11 – 2016 – next year there will be a new exhibition at the A.G. / Eindhoven, more about this later.
- 10 – 2016 – read press for review exhibition at Hilvaria Studio’s by Museumdirector Rick Vercauteren, Museum Van Bommel Van Dam, Venlo.
- 08 – 2016 – working with artist George Kabel, on a photographic project.
- 08 – 2016 – the Exhibition ay Hilvaria Studio’s is open again, after a holiday break, at sunday 28 aug until sunday 9 0ct 2016.
- 07 – 2016 – the Exhibition KLANKEN VAN EEN OUDE PIANO at Hilvaria Studio’s opens at 16.00 hour / see more information at Facebook or check the site at Hilvaria Studio’s
- 06 – 2016 – I’ve been contacted by a gallery in Madrid for collaborating in the near future – 2017
2016 – exhibition (ON)RUST at Galerie Nasty Alice in Eindhoven NL / photo: dré didderiëns
- 05 – 2016 – I’m asked to participate at the Biënnale at Oosterhout NL in 2017, more news about this exhibition later
- 03 – 2016 – I have the possibillity to work on a photo book, participating: Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum in Bratislava and Grafisch ontwerpburo Storm
- 03 – 2016 – I’m working at my solo exhibition at Hilvaria Studio’s
- 03 – 2016 – I took pictures for a new project, this idea will be worked out at the end of this year
2015 – exhibition Land, Lucht, Licht en Water opening Museum Van Bommel Van Dam Venlo
- 08 – 2015 dré didderiëns, director Rick Vercauteren and graphic designer Mark van den Eijnden at museum Van Bommel Van Dam Venlo
2015 – exhibition opening Cacaofabriek Helmond
EARLY INSTALLATIONS / a selection
Installation ‘Vervroegd Pensioen’
Installation ‘Crocodile Circus’ / part 2 and part 3
Installation ‘YOK’ / also exhibitid at Birinci Gallery Uchisar Turkiye in coop with Platform C.
Installation ‘Fruitbars / part 1
Video – installation ‘AMINA’
Installation ‘THE 7th DAY’ / part 1
Note: a selection of ‘homemade’ books by dré didderiëns, drawings, lyrics, stories,pictures and photography
‘ Memories of Eire ‘ a book with drawings, photographs and little stories / 1999
‘ de regenengelen ‘ (Rain angels ) is a personal book about a important moment of the childhood of the artist / 2004
‘ Somewhere me ‘ is a book with ( upside down ) photographs and lyrics / design and lay out Mark van den Eijnden – 2013
‘ De verlaten tuin ‘ ( the lost garden ) is a book with 6 original handprinted photo’s and lyrics / 2013
‘ Onder het bed slaap ik niet ‘ ( I don’t sleep under the bed ) is a book with photographs and lyrics / 2015
Other books with info and pictures about dré didderiëns i.a.: ‘Zonder Ruis ‘ by Hans Klein Hofmeijer / 2012, ‘ Van Bommel Van Dam ‘ collectie book 2014
‘ one hundred years of art ‘ with 4 pages about dré didderiëns / 2004
FILMS AND DOCUMENTARIES
Note: most of the films and documentaries were shown and broadcast at National- and International Filmfestivals and tv – more info at: Exhibitions and Film Website
07 – 2016 there are two short films to watch at the Kodakzaal, Exhibition ‘Klanken van een oude piano’ / ‘sounds of an old piano’, the films are ‘Kameraden’ and ‘Little Water Stories’
2017 short film ‘when the lightcity is dark’ had it’s premiere at the van Abbe Museum Eindhoven, filmed in the Netherlands
2016 short film ‘And All Days’ had it’s premiere at Natlab Cinema Eindhoven, filmed in the Netherlands
2015 short film ‘Little Water Stories’ had it’s premiere at the Nederlands Filmfestival Utrecht – NFF, filmed in France, the Netherlands and Macedonia, shown at several Film festivals
2015 ‘My White Shirt’ had it’s premiere at the International Filmfestival Rotterdam – IFFR, filmed in the Netherlands, shown at several International Filmfestivals with film nominations, broadcast tv Omroep Brabant
2014 film ‘PARK’ had it’s premiere at the Nederlands Filmfestival Utrecht – NFF, filmed in the Netherlands, shown at several National- and International Film festivals with film nominations, broadcast tv Omroep Brabant
Juliano Westhiner, boxer
2012 ‘the Silent Boxer’ had it’s premiere at the Nederlands Filmfestival Utrecht- 2012, filmed in the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Bulgaria and Azerbeidzjan, was shown at many Film Festivals abroad i.a. Camerimage Poland and New York U.S.A and had many film nominations i.a. Spaak sport film VARA tv the Netherlands, broadcast tv Uur van de Wolf VPRO
2011 the documentary art film ‘een stille taal’ with artist Hans Klein Hofmeijer had it’s premiere at Museum Van Bommel Van Dam, Venlo, filmed in the Netherlands
me with friend and soundman Jo Smeets in Spain
2011 documentary ‘ ‘t Pierelandj’ had it’s premiere at Lumiere Cinema Maastricht, filmed in the Netherlands and Spain, tv broadcast L1TV and film nomination
with i.a. Ad van Meurs, Ankie Keultjes, Jo Smeets
at the Sun Studio in Memphis with Jack Clement
2009 the documentary ‘Searching’ for the Heart of the heartlands’ in cooperation with Van Abbe Museum Eindhoven, Muziekgebouw Eindhoven and Museum Chicago U.S.A. had it’s premiere at Muziekgebouw Eindhoven and film was broadcast tv Uur van de Wolf NTR shown at many Film festivals and Cinema’s and filmed in America
me at the Barra’s folkclub Clonacilty
Irish Jazz singer Mary Coughlan and Dutch Artist Ad van Turnhout
2008 documentary film ‘Life Kills You’ has it’s premiere at Cork Filmfestival Ireland, filmed in the Netherlands and Ireland, shown at several International Film Festivals
Actor Joep van Lieshout
me between many children in Indonesia
my father and I in Jakarta
2007 documentaryfilm ‘Prop Ut Merrop’ had it’s premiere at cinema Maastricht, tv broadcast L1TV, filmed in the Netherlands and Indonesia, shown at several International Film Festivals
me and Dutch Filmmaker, writer and composer Jef van der Heijden
2007 short documentary film ‘Rode wijn en natte voeten’ was broadcast on several tv stations and Film Festivals
2005 first feature length documentary film ‘In de schaduw van de haan’ had it’s premiere at Van Abbe Museum Eindhoven and was shown at several Film Festivals, filmed in the Netherlands
musician Antonio Laborinho with a young fadosinger, Lissabon
2005 music documentary film ‘ALFAMA’ was shown at several Film Festivals, filmed in Portugal
2005 first short documentary film ‘Met de trein door de straat’ was shown together with the film ‘Treintjes en Konijntjes’ at many National- and International Film Festivals, filmed in the Netherlands
with actors Johan van Knegsel, Benito de Beer and Loek Bosman
2005 first short film ‘Treintjes en Konijntjes’ was shown together with the documentary film ‘Met de trein door de straat’ at several National- and International Film Festivals and won the Film Festival Gorinchem as Best Short Film, filmed in the Netherlands
me and soundman Joris
2010 feature length film ‘In naam van de vader’ sold out many screenings, I was in charge of the cameracrew and did the editing
2008 music documentary ‘KUMP GOOD’ film about the new album of the Dutch Singer Gé Reinders and 12 Orchestras
left, second camera Roos Breukel
2006 Triptich film ‘De Jacht – the Hunt’ was shown at several film houses, (short film, short documentary film and videoclip)
2005 ‘Midsland’ a short realistic funny film, filmed in the Netherlands
2005 short art film ‘Track’, filmed in Portugal
me and Johanna during filming
2004 short film ‘Und Johanna’, filmed in Germany
2003 ‘In the flow of milk’ short art film, filmed in Turkiye
2003 short Interview ‘Bahman’s Vrijheid’
2003 short art film ‘Bird’
seven short art films
Next to all these films, I made several music Videoclips and worked with many National- and International interesting and famous musicians.
5 short art films